Sports Relief Community Cash Grants Programme
Sport Relief Community Cash Grants Programme
Community groups from across Glasgow, Edinburgh and the Lothians are being offered a share in a £100,000 cash bonanza
* The Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile is arriving in the city with the chance to make your community a winner. In the run up to the big day, a £100,000 Community Cash fund raised through Sport Relief is being made available to small groups in the city who help people living tough lives.
* Grants of between £500 and £1,000 are available to constituted, not-for-profit groups working in a disadvantaged or deprived areas in Glasgow, Edinburgh and the Lothians which have an income of less than £100,000 (in the last year).
* The Scottish Community Foundation is administering the programme in partnership with Comic Relief and the Glasgow Evening Times and Edinburgh Evening News.
* The deadline for applications is 16th March 2012.
What is Community Cash all about?
We believe that local people know what is needed in their community and are best placed to make any changes.
Having lots of activities happening in an area brings vibrancy to a local community, which can make it a better place to live. We are also aware that many people are undertaking great work in their area but often struggle to get the support they need.
We therefore want to support community groups undertaking work that helps people of all ages feel more included in their community, builds their skills and increases their sense of achievement.
Here are just a few examples of the kinds of group we’re looking for:
- parent and toddler groups
Grants can support a wide range of costs, including running costs, project costs, or equipment.
How to apply
Apply online or download an application form at www.scottishcf.org/srcommunitycash Alternatively contact the Scottish Community Foundation on 0141 341 4960, or you can find the application form below.