About Scottish Gymnastics
The Scottish Gymnastics Association (SGA) is the National Governing Body for Gymnastics in Scotland. It was established in 1890 and incorporated as a company limited by guarantee in 1997.
The SGA is recognised by UK Sport, the Scottish Sports Association (SSA) and sportscotland. It is also an affiliated member of British Gymnastics (BG) which represents the four home countries at the Olympics, Federation of International Gymnastics (FIG) and the European Governing Body for Gymnastics (UEG).
Scottish Gymnastics’ major partner and funding agency is sportscotland. It is one of the agencies responsible for overseeing the implementation of Reaching Higher the Scottish Executive’s national strategy for sport in Scotland.
Scottish Gymnastics’ Roles and Responsibilities
• Monitor membership and participation levels in Scotland
• Deliver coach and judge education programmes in Scotland
• Set standards and policies for the conduct of gymnastics in Scotland to safeguard the welfare of all participants
• Monitor the implementation of child protection, equity, health & safety, and ethics policies
• Mediate in grievance and disciplinary issues and appeals where appropriate
• Oversee the implementation of the “long term player development” (LTPD) model of athlete development for gymnastics in Scotland
• Run the competition structure in Scotland
• Provide a pathway for talented Scottish gymnasts that feeds into the British World Class programmes
• Nominate and prepare Scottish Teams for the Commonwealth Games
• Establish management information systems and use the information strategically to strengthen the infrastructure of the sport in Scotland
• Act as an advocate for the sport on a national level
• Promote and market the sport in Scotland
Corporate Plan 2011-2015
Vision - A leader in Human Movement and Sporting Basics
Mission - By developing people through human movement and sporting basics, Scottish Gymnastics will help lead the nation to achieve better health and sporting excellence.
Values - Openness and Transparency, Professionalism and Integrity, Fairness and Equity, Respect, Innovation.
To download a copy of our latest corporate plan click the image below.