Benefits of Membership
• Entitlement to compete, coach, judge and be involved in events and competitions organised and hosted by Scottish Gymnastics and British Gymnastics. NOTE: You must be a member of Scottish Gymnastics to participate in any Scottish competition, event or activity.
• Support and advice on ethical issues including clubs being provided with a Child Protection policy, Safe Recruitment of Coaches, helpers and training. We have further invested in this aspect of support with a new full time Equity & Safety Manager coming in to post.
• Personal Accident insurance is provided by Scottish Gymnastics for recreational gymnasts, competitive gymnasts, helpers, foundation/ assistant coaches, Club and Regional Judges only.
• Civil liability insurance cover will also be provided for Foundation and Assistant Coaches, Club and Regional Judges. All other Coaches and Judges must also be members of British Gymnastics to benefit from Civil Liability Insurance and Phonographic dubbing licence. Further information is available on the BGA website.
• Monthly online club mailings including development updates and education information.
• Discounts when purchasing National Awards Schemes, Badges and Certificates.
• The Scottish Gymnast Magazine
• Access to assistance from the Development team, Education team, Ethics & Equity team, Office Administrators and discipline specific panel members.
• Access to a comprehensive education calendar, school in-service training courses and our comprehensive competition calendar.
• Provision of performance structures including pathways to the Commonwealth Games, European, World and Olympic Championships.
• The opportunity to have your own fully hosted web page within the Scottish Gymnastics website, which you are fully responsible for, which is free of charge to affiliated clubs.
• Recruitment adverts for coaches etc free of charge both on the SGA website and our monthly club mailing.