Tumbling Development Pathway Coach
1 profiling day and 5 half day camps per programme year
In order to create a world class system, we must recruit, develop and retain, world class coaches at both the elite and pre-elite levels who align and share the Scottish Gymnastics vision and values.
Scottish Gymnastics are looking to recruit a Tumbling Development Coach to co-deliver the Performance Pathway Programme (PPP) with technical guidance and direction from the Tumbling National Technical Lead (NTL) for the selected pathway gymnasts.
The coach will assist in the delivery at each of the PPP camps (1 x 6 hour session and 5 x 3 hour sessions day camps), coordinate the consistent delivery of sessions ensuring appropriate planning and liaising with the NTL on the content.
Working closely with the NTL on the content delivery the coaches will build upon existing foundations aligning their delivery and progressions to what is expected at regional levels and beyond.
- Daily rate of £100 per camp day for delivery in Scotland
- Daily rate of £150 per camp day for delivery in Durham GC (when required)
(Both rates are inclusive of travel & expenses)
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the NTL in co-leading the programmes and shaping a collaborative culture and creating a training environment where gymnasts and coaches can thrive and where gymnast well-being and safeguarding is centre.
- Inspire, motivate, and support gymnasts and coaches on their gymnastics journey by assisting the NTL in delivery of for the national performance programme and performance pathway programme.
- Assist the NTL in the shaping of the programme and sessions at PPP camps working with the personal coaches and additional technical experts (physical preparation) ensuring it meets the needs of gymnasts and coaches and develops brilliant basics.
- Liaise with personal coaches and gymnasts to support training and to understand training progress and development goals in partnership with the NTL.
- Attend any training or meetings as required by the Scottish Gymnastics performance team.
- Comply with and commit to mandatory training in safeguarding and athlete well-being, health & safety, and anti-doping/clean sport.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity that will be expected in the role.
Experience and skills
- Desirable to hold a level 3.2 qualification in Tumbling – consideration will be given to the right candidate if they have passed level 3 practical and aim to pass their level 3 theory by February 2024.
- Hold a PVG and have up to date safeguarding training.
- Experience in leadership: working within a team and leading teams of people.
If you think you are right for this opportunity and this role excites you, please send us a letter of application outlining your experience, along with a copy of your CV to email@example.com to arrive no later than 5pm on Monday 10 November 2023. Interviews will be held virtually on Tuesday 21 November 2023.