The Scottish Gymnastics permit is to ensure that member club’s events are safe and they meet Scottish Gymnastics minimum operating requirements.
Permit forms should be completed and submitted to Scottish Gymnastics for approval; where possible 3 months prior to the start of the event. Clubs are advised to check the Scottish Gymnastics website before completing this application form, to ensure that the date they require for their event / competition does not clash with another event.
Travel permit applications should be completed by all clubs who are attending trips outwith Scotland or any trips involving an overnight stay. If parents are travelling with the gymnasts, please still submit a travel permit so we are aware that these gymnasts are travelling.
- Please note, a travel permit is NOT required for PPP or NPP trips or representative events where the gymnasts have been selected by Scottish Gymnastics.
- If gymnasts are travelling with their parents in their car or with them on the train etc, then please mark this in the appropriate field.
- For overnight stays for grades, levels and Gymfest etc, mark on the form how many gymnasts are staying over and we will cross reference this with your event entry.
You can find the Travel Permit Application.
Please email completed travel permit application to email@example.com four weeks before date of departure.
Travel insurance quotes are now provided directly through our insurers. Please contact Dominic Brosnan at W Denis who can arrange travel insurance for you – Dominic.Brosnan@wdenis.co.uk
Safeguarding and PVG Disclosure
All chaperones, coaches, helpers and team managers must have the relevant membership, hold a PVG Disclosure through Scottish Gymnastics and must also have attended a relevant Scottish Gymnastics safeguarding course within the last three years.
Hosting of gymnasts: Scottish Gymnastics is unable to regulate or insure against the hosting of gymnasts in any situation other than within establishments licensed for the provision of overnight accommodation.
SG would not insure any non-gymnastics activity. For example swimming. Additional travel insurance should be acquired for this. W Denis can be used for this, see above.
Travel Advice Foreign Office (terrorist activity)
Keep up to date on the most recent foreign travel advice
Travel Help Guide
Below are some templates and guides about things your club may need to consider before traveling. These should be changed to reflect the club.
- Risk assessment template
- Risk assessment examples
- Incident reporting guidelines
- Accident reporting form
- Incident/concern reporting form
- Gymnast medical information and consent form
- Gymnasts general consent form
- Coaches, chaperones and team manager medical information and consent form
- Gymnasts code of conduct for events – coming soon
- Coaches, chaperones and team manager code of conduct for events
- Roles and responsibilities for coaches, chaperones and team manager
- Contact numbers for gymnasts
- Contact numbers for team manager
- Duty of Care
- Sign in Sign out register
- Accommodation register
- Event/training register
- Team manager post event follow up
- Procedure checklist for delay in return of gymnast - coming soon