18/03/2020 - Please note that with immediate effect, due to the ongoing Coronavirus concerns, we are currently unable to process PVG applications.
The vast majority of coaches, officials/helpers are committed, dedicated people who are motivated to work within the sport for commendable reasons. However it is important that all reasonable steps are taken to ensure that unsuitable people or people with an inappropriate motivation are prevented from working with children. The SG Safe Recruitment Policy contains procedures which should be adopted and applied consistently when appointing a coach, helper or official in either a voluntary or paid capacity. Click here to download the policy.
It is vitally important for those running clubs registered with Scottish Gymnastics to note it is an offence under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007, to employ whether in a paid or a voluntary capacity, someone who is barred from working with Children. The only way to find out whether an individual is listed or is being considered for listing, therefore barred from working with children is through a criminal records check. Listed below are the forms, help and guidance clubs require to complete the recruitment process:
- Recruitment Steps Reminder click here
- Referral Information click here
- Self Declaration Forms click here
- PVG Guidance Notes (Application to Join and Existing Scheme Member Application) click here
- PVG ID Verification form click Here
- Common mistakes made on application forms click here
- PVG Application and Safeguarding Training Membership Requirements click here
You can request PVG applications forms by emailing the team on email@example.com