It’s a good idea to thoroughly research clubs in your area to check whether any already exist, mainly to ensure that you don’t duplicate an existing activity. If a club already exists in your chosen area, you might consider joining forces and starting up a new group or satellite session as part of the existing club or introducing a new discipline to the club.
Key questions to look into:
- What opportunities are already available in the local area?
- Is there already a similar club?
- How far away is the nearest club that provides this activity?
- Is there demand for a new club in your area? Can you demonstrate this?
- Will the costs for your club be competitive with other local clubs? Will the club be viable?
- Who are the potential members (gymnasts) of your club and where they will come from?
Possible areas for intelligence:
Active Schools in Your Area, Local Sports Development Team, Scottish Gymnastics.
You can find out about gymnastics clubs in your area HERE.