In conjunction with Active Advantage and SEE Consultants, we have offer three different mentoring courses.
Designing and Managing a Mentoring Programme
For more information on the course, see below.
Developing Your Mentoring Skills
Topics covered in the course include:
- Benefits of mentoring programmes
- Roles and responsibilities of mentors and mentees
- Build effective mentor-mentee relationships
- Learning style theories
- Tools to structure mentoring sessions (self-reflection, observations, and feedback)
- Effective questioning and listening skills
Mastering Your Mentoring Skills
Topics cover in the course include:
- Frame mentoring sessions to achieve excellence
- Advanced methods to build effective mentor-mentee relationships
- Practically apply learning style theories
- Utilise a number of tools to structure mentoring sessions (Training Needs Analysis/Performance Profiling, Personal Development Plans)
- Utilise advanced questioning and listening skills
- Empower people to achieve their goals
To book on to a course please see our course calendar.
The first course available to all coaches is an introduction to Sport Psychology in conjunction with Adam Morris at Believe Perform. Adam has tailored the course specifically for Gymnastics coaches with the course focusing mainly on developing an understanding of the key theory behind the breadth of sport psychology practices.
How you access the course:
The new courses will be delivered using an online platform called Udemy (http://www.udemy.com/). Once you have successfully opened a free account with Udemy, contact the Education Team at email@example.com for your link and password to access the specific course.
As a commitment to our membership Scottish Gymnastics are offering the first online course for free for all coaches.
Future Workforce Programme
Are coming to the end of your competitive career? Do you have a passion for coaching or judging? Then the Future Workforce Programme could be for you.
Scottish Gymnastics is providing an opportunity for previous or current Gymnasts to embark on the next stage of their development in the sport.