Posted on 18/01/2017 in
Scottish Gymnastics is delighted to bring their Regional Drop-in Clinic to Glasgow. This time we are offering a number of club development events along with the clinic all located in House for an Art Lover. See below for details of the 3 events you can get involved in.
- When: Thursday 9th February 2017
- Where: House for an Art Lover, Glasgow, G41 5BW
- How to Book: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the session/s you would like to attend. Please include club and participants names.
Drop in Clinic
- Time: 11am to 6pm (Choose your 90 minute slot)
- Cost: FREE
This time the drop in clinic is bigger than ever with the involvement of multiple departments to maximise the support offered to clubs. All you need to do is let us know when you want to come and what you want to discuss so we can assign the best people for you to meet on the day. Please see below the range of subjects you can discuss.
Governance | Business & Financial Planning | Facility Projects | Coach Development | Discipline Development | Funding | Marketing | Coach Education | Safeguarding & PVG | HR | Staff Employment
Club Leaders Networking
- Time: 11am to 5pm
- Cost: £25 (lunch and refreshments included)
- Delivered by: Jacqui Stone
A personal development opportunity for club leaders to come together to network with others, to share good practice and to learn something new.
- Succession Planning – A discussion around succession planning for your club. What are the challenges? What are the opportunities? What can we learn from the experts?
- Young Leaders – Are you making the most of your up and coming talent in the club? What do you need to know about ‘millennials’? How can Scottish Gymnastics help?
- Networking Support Groups – An opportunity to talk through live issues in smaller groups with support and coming up with solutions.
Employment Tax Seminar
- Time: 6pm to 8pm
- Cost: FREE
- Delivered by: BDO Accountants
Do you know whether the coaches or staff within your club should be self-employed, employed or a volunteer?
Scottish Gymnastics are offering a FREE workshop delivered by BDO Accountants to help you understand the right option for your club. This workshop has been specifically designed for gymnastics clubs.
- Advice on how to ensure that your club’s compliance is of the highest possible standard
- What HMRC is looking for when it undertakes compliance visits
- Areas where HMRC makes the biggest recoveries from compliance audits
- Time: 12noon to 2pm
- Cost: £5
- Delivered by: Lorna Whyte
The PVG Workshop is designed to help clubs understand their responsibilities in terms of the recruitment of individuals, paid or voluntary. By the end of the workshop you will know the steps to take to safely recruit individuals coming into your club to work with children and why it is so important, know what to do in the event of an issue and know who to contact for advice.
Safe in Your Hands
- Time: 6pm to 8pm
- Cost: £25
The Scottish Gymnastics Safe in Your Hands course is a best practice training module for younger helpers aged 14 and 15. This is a two hour module aimed to raise awareness of safeguarding and protection of children, good & poor practice, how to protect yourself as a young helper/coach and how or where to report any concerns or issues you may have.