Posted on 06/02/2017 in
Scottish Gymnastics is delighted to bring their Club Leaders Event to Edinburgh, for a day full of development opportunities for club leaders. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to network with leaders from other clubs, hear from an Inspiring Leaders and discuss succession planning and how to get the younger generation more involved in the running of the club.
When: Tuesday 21 February 2017
Where: Caledonia House, Edinburgh
How to Book: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the session/s you would like to attend. Please include club and participants' names.
See details below for both sessions. You can take part in both or just one of the following sessions, you decide. Come to both events for £40 and make the most of the day.
Club Leaders Networking Event
Personal development opportunity for club leaders to come together to network with others, to share good practice and to learn something new.
Overall workshop learning outcomes
- A chance to network with other club leaders
- Share good practice & brainstorm challenges with others
- Have a presentation on a topic that will challenge you to think differently
- Re-focus on your own personal development needs
- Succession Planning – A discussion around succession planning for your club. What are the challenges? What are the opportunities? What can we learn from TED?
- Young Leaders – Are you making the most of your up and coming talent in the club? How can Scottish Gymnastics help?
- Networking Support Groups – An opportunity to talk through live issues in smaller groups with support and coming up with solutions
Timing: 11am to 5pm
Cost: A subsidised rate of £25 per person. (Lunch and refreshments are included)
Delivered by: Jacqui Stone
Inspiring Leaders Evening - John Loughton
An evening for club leaders to come together to network with others, to share good practice and to learn something new from an inspiring leader.
Founder & CEO of global leadership company Dare2Lead, John is a high profile and award winning global youth leader, social entrepreneur, campaigner and leadership speaker. Since running his first campaign aged 11, he has worked in over 30 countries across five continents, represented the UK internationally and engaged with numerous governments, businesses and world leaders. John has directly reached over 500,000 young people and was named Outstanding Youth of the World 2013.
John will run an interactive and inspiring session exploring the mindset of authentic leadership and how to apply creative and atypical methods to achieving enhanced results and team progress. He'll draw on his own leadership and life journey, and share some tips and tools of how participants can tangibly manage their own attitudes in order to successfully lead and motivate others.
Timing: 5.30pm refreshments, 6pm to 9pm session
Cost: A subsidised rate of £15 per person.
Delivered by: John Loughton