Posted on 06/05/2020 in Rhythmic
Following a review, Scottish Gymnastics and British Gymnastics have made the difficult decision to cancel upcoming events due to the impact of COVID-19.
Scottish Gymnastics Events
• Tumbling Club Grade League 3 and Championships and Scottish Championships Qualifier, 22 August, Ravenscraig Regional Sports Facility
• Trampoline and DMT Scottish Championships Qualifier, 29 – 30 August, Bell's Sports Centre
• Women’s Voluntary Levels 6 and 5, 4 – 6 September, Bell's Sports Centre
• North of Scotland TeamGym Open, 5 September, Dundee International Sports Centre
• Men’s Grade Series 2 and Floor & Vault, 13 September, Hamilton Gymnastics Club
• Rhythmic Scottish Open Apparatus, 26 September, Beacon Sports Centre
• Trampoline, Tumbling and DMT Scottish Championships, 26 – 27 September, Bell's Sports Centre
British Gymnastics Events
• Trampoline British Championships, 3 – 5 July, Utilita Arena Birmingham
• Championships Series, 30 July – 2 August, M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
• Adult British Championships, 8 – 9 August, Lilleshall National Sports Centre
Any tickets already bought for the Trampoline British Championships and the Championship Series will be refunded by the respective box offices at Utilita Arena Birmingham and the M&S Bank Arena.
We understand and share the disappointment of the gymnasts, coaches and clubs involved but the health and wellbeing of our members is our main concern.
We are all aware of the challenges the coronavirus has brought to our day-to-day lives, and we feel it is important to provide certainty at this time to help alleviate any concerns around competitions.
We would also like to take this opportunity to make our community aware that Scottish Gymnastics and British Gymnastics are continuing to work together and with the technical committees and panels and our performance teams to look at options for each discipline for reviving their competition programmes later in the year. We will make further announcements about these plans when we can.
Scottish Gymnastics, CEO
British Gymnastics, Events Director