Posted on 16/02/2021 in Rhythmic
Following the recent update from British Gymnastics on their event plans and in discussion with our technical committees, we wanted to provide an update for April to June 2021. Unfortunately, as the restrictions will be in place for several more weeks, this will have a direct impact on our events.
The March competition has been cancelled. The event planned for June is subject to upcoming announcements and the necessary timeframe this would involve for preparations. The format of the June competition may be altered in consultation with clubs. Further update will be provided next month.
Because of the recent lockdown, the postponed Pat Wade Classic that was due to be held in April has unfortunately been cancelled. Work is underway to see if an alternative date can be secured for this event in late autumn.
The event planned for June has been cancelled. We will be considering options for an online competition for the summer.
In light of the recent update from British Gymnastics, zonal grades will not be run in Scotland during March/April 2021. Scottish Gymnastics is considering combining the Scottish Championships and Individual apparatus on the weekend of 25/26 September and may consider if zonal grades can also be accommodated within this competition format. In addition, we are looking at the potential of hosting virtual online events to provide opportunities building towards competition return for gymnasts later in the year.
There are no events planned for TeamGym at the moment. When clubs reopen and there is more clarity and timescales for return, we will contact clubs to gather thoughts and feedback on potential event options.
The Scottish Open at the end of June has been cancelled as gymnasts will not have sufficient training time to safely prepare. There is a desire to offer some form of competitive opportunities in 2021 so if face-to-face competitions are not possible, we will look at offering a virtual event towards the end of 2021.
There are no events planned at the moment. We will look at holding a competition towards the end of the year with the focus on participation.
There will be no women’s artistic events up to the end of June. Return to competition would be from September but will be dependent on restrictions and the return of clubs. There may be the option of holding in house ‘national/regional’ events before September but clubs would be contacted prior to any decisions for their thoughts and feedback.
Unfortunately, there will be no 2021 primary or secondary championships. We had hoped to be able to run a schools’ Gymfest in early June, unfortunately this is not possible.