Being part of Scottish Gymnastics
Whether you are just starting out, or have been involved in gymnastics for some time, there are so many reasons to be part of the Scottish Gymnastics family.
Gymnastics is a fantastic sport for all ages. If you are a gymnast, a volunteer or club leader, coach or judge, you are a valued member of a passionate organisation. We are here to support all our members achieve their ambitions.
You could start as a gymnast in pre-school classes, attend regular training sessions, take part in events and competitions, become a coach, club leader or an official, and study for a university degree or post-graduate diploma – all because you are a member of Scottish Gymnastics!
There are lots of fantastic reasons to be a member of Scottish Gymnastics.
As the national governing body for the sport in Scotland, Scottish Gymnastics is committed to making sure everyone can learn and enjoy gymnastics in a positive, safe and healthy environment. All clubs registered with Scottish Gymnastics must meet a range of stringent criteria.
As a gymnast…
• You are part of a strong organisation which ensures a safe, child-friendly and fun environment in which to learn and enjoy gymnastics
• Your coaches are qualified to national standards, ensuring the training received is of the highest standard
• You have a choice of different gymnastics disciplines
• You can progress on our athlete-focussed, coach-led, performance-driven pathway and represent Scotland and Great Britain
• Your club has a trained safeguarding officer who you can contact if you have any concerns
You can download MY GOALS and discuss what you want to achieve during the year in and out of the gym - just click the picture!
Plus, members benefit from…
• Comprehensive insurance package
• Regular news from around the community through e-newsletter, social media and the website
• Automatic membership of British Gymnastics
• Benefits for you and your family through your dual membership of Scottish Gymnastics and British Gymnastics, with excellent discounts and offers which you'll find in your digital membership pack once you've joined.
We are committed to supporting our community in four key areas.
• CLUBS: our support to help create safe places to enjoy gymnastics and help you achieve your ambitions and provide more opportunities for people to participate
• PEOPLE: supporting people through education, resources, and personal development across gymnastics, safeguarding and leadership
• GYMNASTS: providing a safe, healthy, and positive environment in which to learn gymnastics, with programmes, pathways, and events to inspire gymnasts of all ages, abilities, and genders
• CORPORATE: providing protection and leadership to everyone in gymnastics through policies, training, and guidance, as well as opportunities with our partners and stakeholders
If you have any questions about membership, please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about accessing your membership account or digital membership pack, please contact the British Gymnastics customer support team by calling 0345 129 7129, emailing email@example.com or using live chat on the website.