The leadership award consists of four modules focusing on the basic skills a leader needs to lead others in any sport or activity with learning delivered within a gymnastics context.
Delivery is totally flexible. It can be completely offered in person either as two days of activity or broken into shorter sessions. Alternatively we can offer a hybrid model where some of the learning is offered online through zoom with only part of the course delivered ‘in the room’ together as a practical session.
The award will be followed by club support and an invitation to tap into other parts of the leadership pathway. It may be suitable for those age 12+ who are wanting to develop their leadership skills or any adult who is keen to take on more of a leadership role with their club or who has an existing role and wants to learn more about themselves and focus on their leadership soft skills. It is an accredited programme with Sports Leaders.
We have a bank of tutors across the country who are ready to deliver to your club. The course costs £25 per learner – with potential additional costs for booking a venue or tutor if required. If you’re interested in taking part – email our team on email@example.com for more information.
Module 1 – Understanding Self & Knowing Others
1. Develop a greater understanding of yourself and others through evaluating your personality style.
2. Identify your values and what behaviours these may lead to.
3. Recognise a number of your achievements, skills and strengths.
4. Understand what motivates yourself and others.
Module 2 – Effective Communication & Generating Feedback
1. Identify different elements of communication and when to use them.
2. Learn how to generate effective feedback.
Module 3 – Plan, Do, Review
1. Know the information required to plan a task or activity and where to find it.
2. Assist in leading a task or activity using effective communication from module 2.
3. Be able to review a task or activity that you have been involved in leading.
Module 4 – Effective Leadership into Practice
1. Identify your goals for personal development and achievement.
2. Know the opportunities available to you to further your leadership skills.
3. Plan out your action steps to put your leadership and what you have learned into practice.
Hear from members about their journey on the Scottish Gymnastics leadership pathway, and the leadership award.
We will continue to update with more great leadership stories as clubs and leaders complete the award. We love to showcase the #powerofsport.