We have created the Step Forward Plan in partnership with British, Welsh and English Gymnastics and Gymnastics Northern Ireland in response to Covid-19, as we work together to help the gymnastics community and a safe return to gymnastics.
Our plan is split into three steps: prepare, resume and rebuild, centred around four key pillars of support - people, places, programmes and protection, as shown in the video at the bottom of the page. Clubs and delivery partners can access the full set of resources, including videos, webinars and online activity ideas through the dedicated Step Forward site hosted by British Gymnastics.
You will find the latest gymnastics guidance below based on the Scottish Government Covid-19 protection levels. The activity clubs can offer is dependent on when the Scottish Government says this can take place safely in line with public health priorities in individual local authorities.
The full guidance refers to documents you should read as restrictions change, such as getting your facilities ready for sport, which you will see below. You will also find risk assessments and opening and operating checklists which must be completed. Scottish Gymnastics insurance has been extended to cover endorsed outdoor activity.
Gymnastics in Scotland Guidance
There is a change confirmed around self-isolating for close contacts of those testing positive for Covid-19.
• Those with symptoms or testing positive will still be required to self-isolate.
• Close contacts aged 18 years or older who have been double vaccinated for more than 14 days and with no symptoms will be able to get a PCR test and end self-isolation if the result is negative.
• Those aged 5-17 years of age will also be able to take a PCR test and end self-isolation (without being double vaccinated) if the test result is negative.
• This approach will be encouraged but not required for children aged under five years.
> Covid-19 in your club: steps to take if you have a positive case 17 September 2021
> Template Club Warn & Inform letter for parents/carers 17 September 2021
We are encouraging all clubs in Scotland to maintain their knowledge of the current good practice in terms of health and hygiene. You should continue to apply the principles outlined under 'give people space' - with your Covid officer taking responsibility to ensure that guidelines are being adhered to. Additional information is below.
> Step Forward Cleaning Guidance - SCOTLAND - updated 6 August 2021 for beyond level 0.
> Scottish Gymnastics Covid-19 INDOOR gymnastics guidance and protection levels table for protection levels 0 to 4 - from 19 July 2021.
Templates and resources
Covid-19 return to training principles and Training after Vaccination - click images below
Reading and reference documents
- sportscotland - Getting your facilities fit for sport updated April 2021
- sportscotland - Getting coaches ready for sport updated July 2021
- Scottish Government Coronavirus (Covid-19) guidance on the opening of indoor and outdoor sport and leisure facilities updated May 2021
- Scottish Government sport and leisure facilities checklist
- Return to Gymnastics - information for host venues
- Club and host venue agreement example
If you have any questions about the Step Forward Plan and resources, or a business specific query, please contact our development team on firstname.lastname@example.org.